Monday, December 29, 2008

Makin' Muffins

Last night we made muffins and bread together. It's my starter bread they call bread but it really eats more like cake and dessert! It was due to be baked and I was home. What better time? B, M & R were having a Wii competition and Ruth finished first. I whispered for her to come help me like it was a secret and something special. In actuality, I just wanted her to be done with the Wii. She's a good helper! She'll do whatever I ask and usually with a good attitude. Lydia thought she might be missing out on something, so she pulled over her stool and asked for her own bowl. So I decided to make 2 batches of muffins. A few minutes later the 3rd girl, afraid of missing out too, pulled up a 3rd chair and we started a 3rd batch of muffins! Ruth wanted to help show Lydia how to make it right. They sang together, "stir the pot, stir the pot, stir the pot!" The older 3 usually help my bi-monthly baking if I'll let them. But as the batter thickens it becomes too difficult for little hands. Maggie actually offered to switch bowls and stir for Lydia! They stirred with all their might and Lydia said her hand was getting red... in her 3 year old dialect, it was really cute. They picked their add-ins and we greased pans. That's my favorite part for them to do. I can't stand greasing pans. Maybe that's why I don't bake very often! So, while they were preparing pans I was washing dishes. While the goods were baking, they were putting all the dishes away. We had a clean kitchen in record time! And we also have a bunch of muffins. But they are especially delicous this time!


Video of Bennett completely unrelated to making muffins.
This was down at Grandpa/ma's and a new shooting toy. He's very cute learning how to aim. You'd think 2 years at summer camp taking riflery and archery would teach the boy at least the basics! I guess it's good enough for being 8!

Then there's a short video of his mother's shooting skills. We like skills around this here town!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are such a GREAT mom and a GREAT Sunday School teacher!!! Thanks for all you do for our family.

Happy New Year, wishing the best for you and yours!

Search This Blog