Tuesday, July 21, 2009

As Summer Winds Down

I'm a delinquent! I've had this post started for many days and I can't make myself finish it and actually push publish. I have so much to add. Pictures to share. Stories to tell. But I also want it finished so I can start again. :)

The kids have been taking turns sleeping out in the tent, on the porch. They stay up late and wake up later. Summer is a fun time for all of us. The pressures of being places on time is lifted... for at least a few weeks. We casually sleep in (past 0700) and leisurely eat breakfast. I've been working a lot of night shifts at work this summer and bringing home biscuits in the morning is fun, easy and a special treat for the kids. We've stayed home this summer. No trips to the beach. No vacation anywhere. That's ok. It really is. I would rather go to the beach when 90% of the other people are back home where they belong. Like Columbus day or Labor Day or some other day when we can scoot away for a long weekend. I wanted to go back to Charleston because last year it was rush, rush as well as rainy. I also wanted to go to Disney.... THAT's not happening! So, instead we play around the house, go to playgroup with our friends, watch the laundry pile up, and send the eldest two to camp. If you read the earlier posts you know Bennett went for a week with Maggie then got to go back for two more weeks with his cousins. It was a LONG time! I was there for several of the days as well. It was a great week. I still don't think I've caught up on the rest, or lack of. I would stay the whole 6 weeks of summer camp... if they would let me, if Curtis would let me, if work would let me. That's a whole lot of if's... and I'm pretty sure most of them would say NO! I just don't like having to grow up and be the responsible adult. Sigh!

We had a week with the Rose family too. After we sent the boys off to camp... we did girlie things like shop for shoes and paint nails. Aunt Lara did all that stuff. I just went along for the ride...

we also made tie dyed t-shirts with all the kids. It was almost painful for the eldest of the Roses but we managed.
There are more pictures. I can't find them. Our main computer crashed and I moved them somewhere. I'll get them back one day.
In the meantime, Curtis is shopping our tax free weekend for a new computer or tower or something that will function more than 2% of the time.
Hopefully, I'll get back in the swing of things. I think part of it is working night shifts. As much as I enjoy doing it I am much less productive during my time at home... simply because I'm just trying to stay awake.
More soon... or later. Who knows?!?!

No comments:

Search This Blog