Sunday, February 06, 2011

At Any Given Moment...

On any given day, at any given moment... these 4 little people will be entertaining me. Here's a glimpse into this moment today... approximately 5:30pm Sunday, when we weren't getting ready to head back to AWANA. Tonight is the Super Bowl party... we're going to watch the Steelers and Packers play while enjoying some of our favorite families, food, and kids. We're rooting for the Steelers (who by now have lost).
Here's Bennett, riding his "trick" bike. He had just spent about 30 minutes tearing his 4-wheeler through the woods. He got a little close, in a tight squeeze with two trees. He asked if I heard him yelling but he managed to push and pull and gun-it until the tires gripped the cold, wet leaves and pulled him up the hill. He was supposed to be getting ready to leave for our party. He put away his full helmet and donned his bike helmet to take a few trips over his ramp. Are all 10 year old boys fearless? I love that he loves to be outside doing boy things and doesn't want to come in the house, even when it's really cold.

Maggie... spending a few moments writing thank you cards for her Boosterthon sponsors. She likes to be inside. She likes to play. Even though she enjoys running... she still just isn't an outdoorsie girl. I think it's cool that she's left-handed. The pink bracelet is from going skating today. That's another story... 

Ruth... snuggling in "my" chair playing her brother's DS Guitar Hero game. Normally, he answers no when she asks to play. Today I guess he was feeling generous... we both played. She knew I was taking her picture... she was grinning at me sort of in her "I don't want you to know that I know" kind of way.

And tucked away in the bedroom was a very sleepy little Lydia. She's under there... and she's terribly warm and snuggly and smells like a baby when found in this position. I hated to wake her up... but it was time for the party! :) She's been fighting congestion for 11 days so far and probably is turning (or has turned) into an ear infection. I'm glad she'll go take a nap and rest when she's not 100%.

There are the things that fill my heart on a daily basis.

No comments:

Search This Blog